Saturday, June 12, 2010

A day at the Phoenix Zoo!

We decided to take advantage of the "unseasonably cool" Phoenix weather (a high of 90 degrees in June) and went to the zoo with my sister Jasmyn and her kids.

The trip started off quite interesting! On the way to the zoo, my two nephews Kade and Gavin were in the backseat of the van and kept insisting that something smelled like poop. We didn't smell anything, and of course we were driving, so we just figured we'd do a quick diaper check once we parked.

Once we arrived at the zoo, Jasmyn went to get Zoey out of her car seat...and....HOLY CRAP! I really mean it--she had pooped completely through her diaper, all over her clothes, all over her car seat--everywhere! It took us 10 minutes and almost all of the baby wipes to clean her up. I really wish we'd taken pictures of it. I have never seen anything like it!

Below--Zoey, all smiles, and Hannah refusing to look at the camera.
The tiger is a really big kitty cat!
Hannah loved looking at the giraffe. I think she was in awe of how big they really are.
We stopped at the splash pad, which Hannah was afraid of, but Aunt Jasmyn convinced her to get her feet wet!
Water break!
The elephants are neat...and a little smelly too!
It's lunchtime! What? Hannah would rather play in the dirt than eat? Hmmmm...
Hannah hangin' with Aunt Jaz.
The orangutans were so funny! This one pulled the palm leaf around for a while, then covered himself with it.
Me and Hannah at the top of the kids' playhouse.
Here Zoe Zoe, let me help you eat a cereal puff! They are really yummy! (this is one of my favorite pics)
Boy, that was quite a busy day.
P.S. Why didn't I take any pictures of my sweet nephews? Oh well...next time!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like it was a good day. Great pics!

Becca said...

How fun! Hannah is getting so big! Sooooo cute! I am totally blown away that you know my cousin Skeeter! What a small world! Awesome..but small..hehe!

NP said...

What a fun outing! I LOVE going to the zoo with little kiddos! I'm kinda glad you didn't get any POOP pictures :)
LYG,
Nancy