Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hannah's Birthday!

Happy First Birthday Hannah!  We love you so much!  Dad's friend that he teaches with gave you this really cool desk.  It used to belong to his daughters, but they're older now and don't need it anymore.  How very nice.  The only problem was, when it came time for you to open your presents...you were more interested in this desk and your cool new kitchenette!


Dad kept trying to help you open your gifts, but you were just a little unsure!  I admit, I was a little disappointed...I thought maybe you'd show some interest in ripping the wrapping paper.  Afterall, you love ripping magazines and the newspapers!
Auntie Heather sent you a really cool book and some new pajamas.  There was also a dollar bill in your card.  This you found very exciting!
Forget about my new Elmo giggling doll, I'm still holding my dollar.
New shoe in one hand, dollar bill in the other...

The Papmers box is not full of diapers, it's full of clothes.  I thought she'd enjoy tearing the paper and pulling things out of the box, but no...
Hey look, still holding that dollar in my right hand!


Let me down!  I want to walk around, not sit here and play with my new toys!
Well, I wanted to finish Hannah's birthday post by sharing just a few of the things we love about her...

*We love how she hobbles around like a little mummy

*We love how she prefers to be fed rather than feed herself...perhaps doesn't like getting her fingers sticky?

*We love how she shares with others--she hands you the toy, you hand it back, she hands it back to you again, etc...that is sharing, right?

*We love how she can always tell, even from far away, that the pantry door is 1/8 of an inch open...just wide enough to sneak inside...

*We love how she prefers to walk around in the bathtub instead of sitting...although not very safe...

*We love how she wiggles her tush and bends her knees to do a little dance when Elmo starts singing during Sesame Street!

*We love how she giggles and waves her arms around when mom or dad walks in the room.

*We love how she reaches for the crib when she is sleepy, literally reaches away from us; she just loves to stretch out..then sucks her right thumb and twirls her hair with her left hand...EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!!

Happy 1st Birthday Hannah!  We love you!

2 comments:

Lora said...

I love all the pictures and all the toys! I think it is so funny that she only really liked the $1 bill...haha! Looks like you guys had a fun first birthday! Can't believe it has already been a year!

Jasmyn said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweet Hannah! I can't wait to give you lots of birthday kisses on Saturday!