Friday, July 9, 2010

How to eat an Oreo

HOW TO EAT AN OREO
BY: Hannah

STEP ONE: You need to break the Oreo apart, or have your mom do it.

STEP TWO: Use your right index finger to remove the nice creamy middle, then eat it.

STEP THREE: Break the rest of the cookie into little pieces, just to irritate your mom, but don't eat them!

This is what you have left:
After eating (or should I say NOT eating) her Oreo, Jim was eating yogurt and Hannah kept saying, "want bite." He was eating blueberry yogurt, and kept giving her bites of just the creamy part, without any blueberry pieces. She must have issues with texture because she will not eat any fruit or anything mushy (although she does love mac and cheese, which I guess is mushy, so who really knows what her issue is!)
After a few bites, a little blueberry snuck into one of her bites. Oh, how I wish I could have gotten that look on her face on camera! She spit it out, and gave Jim quite the look of, "how could you???"
The picture above doesn't do it justice, but she would not take any more bites from him after that. It may look like she is smiling, but she was actually shaking her head and saying NO.

Oh, that picky little girl of ours...

She continues to crack us up with her little comments. I don't know where she learns half this stuff. Here are some new phrases:

"I don't like it"--she said this one evening when I gave her a few cracker goldfish. I KNOW she likes those! Don't know why she said it. But apparently didn't want them at the time.

"Hannah tursty" (thirsty)

"Where dada go?"--sometimes says this when Jim leaves the room.

"More bee buff"--(more cheese puffs) I have resorted to bribing her with cheese puffs to get her to finish her lunch. It hasn't worked for fruit or vegetables yet, but those cheese puffs sure do get her to eat her turkey!

I just bought Jessica Seinfeld's book that has recipes for sneaking healthy foods into your meals. I'll let you know if it works. I better get started...time to puree!

1 comment:

NP said...

Too cute!!! Those instructions will come in handy for me EXCEPT that I will for sure eat the cookie after all that work :)
LYG,
Nancy