Sunday, August 1, 2010

San Diego, Day 2!

First of all, I must apologize, because this will be a really looong post! I have so many good pictures and had trouble choosing which ones to post, so please bear with me!

Prior to going to San Diego, I had looked at the weather several times (if you don't already know this about me, I can be a bit obsessive...). Anyway, just curious how the weather was going to be while we were there. Forecast: sunny, 70-73 degrees all three days. Woo hoo!!!

So, when we woke up on our second day there to this weather, you can imagine my disappointment!
It was cloudy and a bit chilly. What? I want sun!!! Here is another view...
Hannah didn't seem to mind what the weather was like, she was just so glad that they had Elmo on in the morning, just like home...
We of course decided that a few clouds were not going to ruin our beach time. Hannah was a bit hesitant of the beach at first. It definitely scared her a bit, but then when she realized that there were lots of sand toys, her mood changed!
Just doing a few squats...

I love how she is holding the bucket in this picture, as if it is a purse instead. Oh, and she didn't want to go anywhere NEAR the water.

I love this picture. I'm not sure if the flash went off or what. But I love her smile!
It's a miracle!!! We are both smiling at the same time!!!
Hannah and daddy looking at the ocean, discussing life...
Jim on our deck. Watch out girls, this is going to make it to the Swimsuit calendar!!!
After Hannah's nap, (which I must interrupt myself to mention, that Hannah napped like a champ! We put her straight down in her pack-n-play, and she didn't even fuss, not once!!!) we decided to take the ferry over to Coronado Island for dinner. It was only a few blocks down the road to catch the ferry.

Again, only 2/3 of us are smiling...
This is near the restaurant where we ate dinner. Hannah really loved running around in the sand. She didn't want to eat dinner though, which made us rush to finish eating. Oh well...

The dock to get back on the ferry.
Side note: Hannah has started saying, "I don't like it!" We have no idea where she got this from, but when we said, Hannah do you want to ride on the boat again?" She replied, I don't like it boat." Ugh!!!
But, as you can see above, she did like running in the grass.

This is how we ended the evening, back in our room (after the complimentary cocktail hour), to a wonderful view again!
Day 3 to come soon, and I will try to condense as much as I can!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Loved all the pics! Don't hold back on day 3. I'm vacationing vicariously through your posts.

NP said...

LOVED both sets of pictures of what looks like a fun vacation . . . all but the throwing up part. LYG, N